Saturday, February 2, 2008

Dictation Matters

Dear children,

The unseen dictation is going on as planned on the coming Monday, 4 Feb.

For next Monday, 11 Feb 08, please learn the following dictation.

"I rummaged through my bag for my purple purse. My fingers were trembling. I shook it violently, a soft tinkling noise came from within. I opened the purse with slow trepidation and tipped the contents out. Two five-cent coins landed on my palms. I let out an audible sigh as my shoulders sagged in defeat. My face was contorted in intense anguish. Beads of cold sweat tickled down my temple. The coins seemed to be laughing at me. I clenched my fist to hide the smug face of the coins."


Look at how a former P5/1 pupil wrote her composition. How she shows and not tells. There are a few good phrases that you can learn from her.

Thank you.

Drowsy,
Miss Lee

1 comment:

黑白配组员。 said...

sorry miss lee, but is that dictation from our spelling list? I checked and I could not find the dictation on our spelling list.Please reply to me by today.